Hudobníci počas pobytu testovali a nahrávali nové kompozície nie len v akusticky špecifickej staničnej hale ale aj na iných miestach, ktorých spája fenomén opustenosti.Ruiny, nedostavané či časom a okolnosťami zchátralé objekty nájdeme v tomto historickom meste veľa. V rámci rezidencie vznikla jednoaktová video opera, pozostávajúca z dvojitej videoprojekcie, na popredí ktorej hudobníci hrajú na živo.
Michal Paľko (cimbal) ukončil štúdium na Košickom konzervatóriu v odboroch skladba, cimbal a dirigovanie. Publikum nezaujal len svojou hrou na cimbal ale i novým prístupom k interpretácií na slovenských ľudových dychových nástrojoch a jeho snahou začleniť ich medzi klasický inštrumentár. Neskôr pokračoval v štúdiách na VŠMU v odbore skladba v triede Prof. Vladimíra Bokesa a súčasne na Akadémií umení v Banskej Bystrici hru na cimbale v triede hosť. Doc. Viktórie Herencsár. Štúdia kompozície ukončil v triede Prof. Wojciecha Widłaka na Akademii muzycznej v Krakove.
Miroslav Tóth sa špecializuje na problematiku hudobnej kompozície, zvuku,audiovizuálneho diela (videoklipu, filmovej hudby, videoartu…),hudobnej kompozície, histórie (hudby 20. storočia až po súčasnosť, vrátane jazzu, experimentálnych hudobných prejavov, alebo metalu, hardcoru, punku, noise music, atď…) Aktívne koncertnuje na Slovensku aj v zahraničí. Autorsky realizuje projekt Fruttu di mare (1.–10.). Založil a umelecky vedie medzinárodný Improvizačný symfonický orchester Musica falsa et ficta, skupiny Dunkeltherapy (I. a II. diel). Spoločne so Slávom Krekovičom založil avantcorové zoskupenie Shibuya Motors, s Alexanderom Platznerom duo MY LIVE EVIL.
We can find lots of ruins, unfinished or ruined buildings in this town.
One act video opera was made in the framework of residence, consisting of double video projection which was led by live performed music. The premiere was held on Tuesday 25th June at 21.00.
The residence was funded by Ministry of Culture of Slovak Republic.
Michal Paľko (cimbalom) graduated from Conservatory of Music in Košice specialized in composition, cimbalom and conducting. The audience was impressed by his cimbalom performance as well as by his new approach to playing the Slovak folk wind instruments and his effort to make them part of classical musical instruments. Later he resumed the Art studies specialized in composition and was attending the classes of profesor Vladimír Bokes at VŠMU as well as the cimbalon classes of Doc. Viktória Herencsár at Art Academy in Banská Bystrica. He graduated from the studies of composition under the guidence of profesor Wojciech Widłak at Akademia muzyczna in Krakow.
He has founded the avantcore group Shibuya Motors with Slávo Krekovič and duo MY LIVE EVIL with Alexander Platzner.
Miroslav Tóth is specialized in music composition, sound and audiovisual work of art (music video, film music, videoart) , history of music (20th century to contemporary music, including jazz, experimental music or metal, hardrock, punk, noise music etc.) He regularly give concerts in Slovakia as well as abroad.
He realizes the project Fruttu di mare (1. – 10.) as an author. He has founded international Improvisatory symphonic orchestra Musica Falsa et Ficta and the band Dunkeltherapy (I. and II. part). and has been the artistic leader.
- musical microresidency 14th - 24th June 201300:00:07.659
- A tooth for a tooth00:00:39.353
- In the project The mining station we try to attract interesting people00:00:47.793
- to Banská Štiavnica, mainly people that are interesting to us,00:00:57.891
- it means to me and Svätopluk Mikyta with whom I work on this project00:01:03.364
- since 2009, and currently during last two weeks00:01:11.018
- there were two musicians and composers of the young generation,00:01:21.793
- Michal Palka who came to Banská Štiavnica from Krakow with a friend00:01:29.600
- and composer Miro Tóth who seems to have different kind of spirit.00:01:42.614
- We invited these two musicians to come to the station,00:01:51.905
- and I have to point out that the first impulse came from them.00:02:01.904
- We like the artists showing an interest and we like their previous00:02:06.013
- project held in industrial areas,00:02:13.024
- they have recorded their music in depot in Poland.00:02:14.740
- We found their way of improvising very interesting and we thought00:02:20.311
- it might work not only in our station00:02:26.337
- but also in other specific places in Banská Štiavnica00:02:30.357
- and finally there is premiere of one act video opera this evening00:02:35.762
- so besides music and final performance there is also visual track,00:02:43.915
- short microfilms which guide the main character through the opera.00:02:51.730
- We came to test our potentionalities from our perspective,00:03:01.390
- the original intention was to play in various places00:03:11.239
- and we make standard urban records which have documentative00:03:20.951
- character as we are sounding the places which may not exist in five00:03:26.763
- or ten years time, they may be demolished.00:03:32.497
- We found Marek Kundlák walking randomly in the street of this town,00:04:02.515
- and we found in him the guide and the main character we needed00:04:09.438
- so we made it in the form of opera, it is one act opera,00:04:14.742
- which we managed to make in two weeks00:04:22.396
- and I´m very grateful that the result of our work00:04:25.595
- contains all the basic features of post-avantgarde work of art,00:04:29.641
- it means it reflects what existed before, but in new perspective00:04:35.823
- and by new features.00:04:40.572
- This video opera has an added value00:06:02.581
- which could have been given only by the station.00:06:08.129
- A tooth for a tooth is an excellent thing, a day before the residence00:06:12.943
- started, on 12th June we both got a tooth pulled out independently,00:06:18.243
- it happened between seven and eight in the morning,00:06:26.123
- it was tooth number 30, so my tooth for his tooth.00:06:29.383
- Tooth for a tooth - it also describes the atmosphere in this town.00:06:38.466