Výstava Pán much je připravována uměleckou skupinou Rafani.
Kurátorem je tedy kolektiv.
Výsledek se bude nalézat v oblasti mezi konsenzem a kompromisem.
Médium jednotlivých děl není podstatné při hledání smyslu výstavy.
Důležitější je typ zobrazení, určitá inklinace.
Skladba výstavy Pán much bude i nebude určující, bude i nebude určena.
Vybrané obrazy jsou odtrženy od textů a interpretací.
Zapomeňte na Goldinga.
Pánem much není Richard Adam.
A ani umělci nejsou jeho mouchy.
- Lord of the Flies00:00:01.453
- The exhibition was impulsed by Richard Adam who wanted us to do something about his collection.00:00:15.427
- He regards the Art Group Rafani as individuals united in a weird group00:00:19.817
- he doesn't really understand. He perceives us rather via00:00:24.370
- the artefacts we do individually. We decided to work with his archive00:00:27.896
- and looked at his drawing depository but then decided to choose completely different00:00:34.695
- artists he hasn't got in his collection. We gathered a lot of interesting materials00:00:42.923
- and joined them together in a book we tore in the end.00:00:50.043
- The exhibition structure was determined by the convention discord00:00:54.739
- given by alphabetical order and by random arrangement of the panels.00:01:02.432
- The viewers have to find the order themselves when looking around the exhibition.00:01:07.266
- At the beginning we were considering drawings, then we decided to treat it like a book,00:01:14.877
- or like magazine pages lets say, that also have a pagination...00:01:20.206
- We put it together as if we were paging a book,00:01:25.656
- but then we tore it like this and strewed it around the gallery.00:01:29.233
- As for the exhibition on the whole...00:01:37.815
- As we knew about the gallery disposition and their use of travels00:01:40.139
- that can't be even removed, we made use of them in a chaotic way,00:01:48.930
- but they are numbered so the viewers can see how we handled them.00:01:54.467
- They look like book pages we strewed as if a book had been torn00:02:00.750
- so the viewers move in a jumble of different authors...00:02:06.697
- We chose twenty nine authors across generations, context and text,00:02:11.509
- some of them are free artists, some of them are illustrators,00:02:19.696
- some come from the Czech Republic, some come from Berlin00:02:22.811
- although they are mostly English and so on...00:02:25.659
- As for the choice, it's no use mentioning all the names,00:02:33.888
- as it ran in a way typical of Rafani group.00:02:37.949
- We had a meeting and everyone wrote preferences about the drawings,00:02:41.015
- Zuzka concerned more with foreign artists, such us Ben Cottrell and others from abroad...00:02:46.382
- I think there's no need to say it made us happy,00:02:56.529
- we went through many studios00:02:59.343
- and we really enjoyed the work,00:03:03.696
- it doesn't represent any institutional point of view00:03:07.451
- but our attitude to a figural position on paper.00:03:10.922
- I wouldn't limit it anyhow...00:03:18.469