Milan Salák once said that important things take place at the Academy.
The Academy of Fine Arts in Prague is the oldest art school in the Czech Republic.
Roland Barthes wrote: The beauty (unlike ugliness) cannot be truly explained. It is being expressed, confirmed and repeated in every part of human body, but it cannot be described. Just as the God (as it is empty as Him) it can just say: I am what I am. And all what remains for the debate is to proclaim the perfection of every detail and “the rest” can be resolved by referring to a code establishing all the beauty – the Art.
In the book S/Z by Roland Barthes the chapter Beauty adjoins the chapter Castration.
Lucia Patáková and Martina Smutná gradually changed their idea of barricade into a huge plasterboard wall separating the jury’s taste (Smutná, Patáková) from the remaining space.
Ztohoven once proclaimed that emptiness is the heart of public space.
Lucie Patáková and Martina Smutná changed from artists into curators.
Elias Canetti claimes that the ability to change which bestowed people such power over other creatures has remained without further notice and understanding so far. Such ability represents one of the biggest riddles: every person has got it, uses it and takes it for granted. But only few people are aware that they should be grateful for it as it is the best part of their beings.
Some time ago, Pavel Turek tried to describe in Respekt magazine the state of contemporary writing about music. In his opinion, a reasoned and assessing type of review is disappearing and is being replaced by different taste experts’ recommendations.
Jiří Ševčík replied in the discussion Artist: Recently there has been talks on so-called “wrecked museum” or “end of museum”. This situation arose in 1976 when a derisive and critical term of “white museum block” serving just to an exclusive art selected by a specific aesthetics seen in every museum, appeared for the first time.
The internet search engine Google was founded in 1998 and Wikipedia in 2001.
The limit of my world is not only my language but mainly… see above.
Vasil Artamonov and Alexey Klyuykov are wrong. The only aim is not the future but the origin, at least according to Karl Kraus.
Umberto Eco restated the words of scholastic Fathers (Brody? Šimera?), saying that authorities have wax noses.
Karel Císař would certainly remark that such authorities are not compatible.
People on both sides of the wall clutch the same hammer. And they are all connected to the only one Internet.
- The exhibition Salon d´Apollon is called according to00:00:15.097
- the most famous kind of exhibitions in the nineteenth century.00:00:17.606
- It is based on a principle of salon exhibitions00:00:24.983
- fulfilling the idea of academism.00:00:27.885
- We took this principle and we work with it here.00:00:30.249
- We ask 23 artists whose name was convenient00:00:35.571
- for this kind of exhibition, according to us.00:00:44.205
- We ask them to lend us a painting.00:00:46.419
- The theme is landcape, act and figure to be related to the academic art.00:00:55.723
- We intended to make exhibition according to the style in the 19th century.00:01:05.555
- With the difference that we built a wall infront of it.00:01:11.702
- Consequently, we prevent viewers from enjoying the pictures.00:01:15.019
- There is also Marek Meduna´s text that forms a part of the exhibition.00:01:26.159
- He wrote an experimental text, which must have been censured,00:01:31.448
- because we exhibit here at the Academy of Fine Arts.00:01:43.587
- He expressed critiques about the management of the Academy...00:01:47.931
- which could not be exposed here.00:01:55.184
- I think it´s important that the exhibition takes place here,00:01:58.008
- because it deals with the principles of academism which are now outlived.00:02:08.671
- The fact that we can still find it here makes us thinking of that00:02:17.091
- and seek a convenient concept for our comments.00:02:23.669
- I think it it is important that00:02:25.433
- each of us is from a different school00:02:27.823
- so we have feedback and we can see it from a different perspective.00:02:30.185