Proved wisdom: Someone reads the other one writes.
People are angels and every good deed brings the strength back – I am the theoretician of the world, you can feel the country rockotheques, gothic castles and fat harley bikers with beer in a plastic cup. Between 1993-95, the high point of the first fashion wave of blue-jeaned tattered shorts, denim jackets and long black hair, the heyday of unknown Czech band Lucie and their unknown dadaistic hits, high age of wristwatch combining elements of waves crossing triangles whose morphology deduced also the font on the record cover of Lucie Live 1 and 2 from 1992.
Hidden instincts will drag you out of the boredom. The DJ More is playing, there wasn’t any time and nobody is listening to him.
Do not announce post-mishmash, do not say the Lord’s Prayer until you are in the grave, baby.
Press report stained with blueberries, the Lord missed the toilet, one wants a competition and the other one tries hard, the third one is gifted from God.
1. The initial strategy in our post-rootless society is a search.
The search for personal God, conjuration tradition and ritual repose. Provisional eclecticism and desired rootlessness is nice. Identity can bear appearance of a mask. It arises outside criteria of common situations as well as it consciously casts a new view on its dual face.
2. The tradition of searching
Symbolic death of art and its potential resurrection as the avant garde revival which is identical with a neo post-modern birth. As a thought movement it explains or rather proves the connection of certain forms of contemporary art with Christianity which means a definite commitment to go back to the past life via therapeutical regression and to examine it with its own means and also to find new experiences in there.
3. The search for traditions
It is like searching for traditions and archetypes in our mentality influenced by Christianity and for our relation to psychedelia as a pagan phenomenon – and its possible analogy with a creative process.
Looking for an initial information whose comprehensibility and definiteness thematizes tradition as an affiliation with a tribe in a form of collective barbarianism inside of us or an affiliation with other microsocial models – sexual positions different from the missionary ones.
The range of approaches to the tradition subject from mere formality to creating a new own tradition by a genuinely individual way also reveals the process of gaining experience, selfself-reflexion and imagination through art media as a media of information or rather post-information based on relationship, process and its dynamics.
It evaluates and analyzes the approach to itself as a tradition and relativizes its own form thanks to a relative base of contemporary cultural contemplation. It records a process when a cultural life becomes cult and the breath of tradition becomes the tradition of breath.
You pretend not to think about anything, you lie down into a moss in a wood full of pine trees hot from the glowing sun, the wood used for building altars, sunshine, orange blue, violet, purple and black, curatorship activities of Matyáš Chochola, the terror of educated people and intellectuals is coming back.
The mind of a beginner – art that does not need any explanation.
- It is my father.00:00:15.043
- Have you already met each other?00:00:16.571
- It is Ondřej.00:00:18.885
- It´s Gábina.00:00:20.659
- How are you?00:00:22.403
- Fine. And you?00:00:23.655
- I chose these authors with the intention to prepare a compact exhibition.00:00:41.821
- The key of choice is identical to the theme of the exhibition.00:00:50.273
- The theme is our relation to tradition,00:00:58.034
- how we are influenced by tradition,00:01:05.856
- if the tradition is of a linear character,00:01:08.646
- how much we are subject to tradition00:01:11.725
- of the context not only cultural but social we are in,00:01:15.816
- to which extent our time enables,00:01:19.333
- through relativity, creation of new traditions00:01:23.426
- or accepting traditions from other cultures.00:01:26.258
- I was interested in the fact,00:01:31.319
- whether the work with tradition can be intentional, or00:01:39.070
- can be just a filling of a cliché.00:01:44.953
- I like the silk-screen prints-masks00:01:47.724
- made by a Portuguese artist, Christina Dumont.00:01:56.580
- For her, the form is very important.00:01:59.932
- She uses silk-screen print and other graphic techniques.00:02:03.179
- Then she adapts her themes to the technique or her personal needs.00:02:07.581
- The masks are archetypal, or ethnological.00:02:16.036
- They are taken from a publication on Africa´s art.00:02:24.377
- They just fulfill aesthetic background00:02:30.580
- for her own graphic work.00:02:33.998
- The theme consisting in the contrast of00:02:37.562
- tradition and personal interpretation is clearly shown.00:02:41.379
- For me, irony is very important,00:02:44.411
- not only in my artworks, but also here in the exhibition.00:02:50.975
- However, this irony is not bad, but friendly and gentle00:02:54.455
- and it is also very important to me.00:02:58.683
- The whole exhibition and the theme00:03:02.107
- is built on ironic perception or search of the meaning of tradition00:03:06.918
- and the reason why I work with this theme.00:03:15.872
- It may be because I find all the search for the roots funny.00:03:19.683
- I have to find out a manner how to liberate myself from it.00:03:33.242
- Well, thank you.00:03:52.503
- I really like it. Sometimes the exhibitions here are horrible.00:03:53.960
- I am glad that I came. Nice. Interesting.00:03:57.967
- I am glad you came and that you like it.00:04:01.418
- I think I will come again and take my camera with me.00:04:04.323
- Yes, of course.00:04:09.453
- It was nice, very different.00:04:11.001
- Here is one of the artists.00:04:14.987
- You made the birds of stone.00:04:18.036