Artyčok.TV would like to invite professionals/amateurs and students through this open call to send in proposals for a new audiovisual piece, which will then be published and archived on Artyčok TV.
The deadline for sending proposals into the competition is June 17th 2022.
The aim is to support the creation of a new audiovisual piece , which isn’t at all limited in terms of genre or amount of footage. All kinds of suggestions will be accepted, for example documentaries, videoessays, art videos or animation. We also aim at projects with the character of interdisciplinary cooperation and we are open to finding new and experimental forms that go beyond the mentioned examples. The nature of the projects is determined mainly by the publishability of the final work on the Artyčok.TV project website. The competition will take place in two categories: students and professionals/amateurs. The creation of the winning pieces will be supported by a financial prize. If wanted, Artyčok TV can provide technical or professional support, depending on it’s options at the time.
This year we are adding a special call for Ukrainian artists working with audiovisual formats to apply to the selected category with already finished works, created after 2017. The work must be translated into English or accompanied by an English annotation.
Rules for entering the competition
– a proposal for an audiovisual piece must contain:
* the author’s portfolio (in PDF format or a link to an online portfolio)
* a brief description of the proposal, including technical parameters and contact information (maximum two A4 pages of text)
* sketches or other visual material (PDF format, maximum 20 images)
– all attachments to the e-mail must be properly labeled, including the category which the applicant wishes to enter – to the subject line of the e-mail please fill “application OPENCALL 2022, category ___________ (professionals/students)”
Proposals can be submitted in the two following categories:
students – the applicant must be enrolled in a study programme until the final creation of the work and it’s publishing on the Artyčok TV web portal. The creation of the winning piece will be supported by a prize of 10.000 CZK (approx. 400€).
professionals/amateurs – the applicant cannot be enrolled in a study programme until the final creation of the work and it’s publishing on the Artyčok TV web portal, or must have completed their studies. The creation of the winning piece will be supported by a prize of 20.000 CZK (approx. 800€).
– there is no limit to the number of proposals entered by one author – the work must be of an independent and non-commercial character – the winning work must be able to be published on the Artyčok TV web
Please submit your works to this e-mail address: [email protected]
The works chosen for the competition will be published and archived on the Artyčok TV web, perhaps also presented in the form of public screenings and at festivals. The winner will be chosen by a jury consisting of Artyčok TV’s board of experts and contemporary arts professionals. The selection will take place in two rounds. The winners of the first round will be informed about the results by the end of June 2022. The second round, where the creators will present their works themselves, will take place at the second half of July. The winners will be announced by the end of July 2022.